I was asked if I wanted to take part in the “14 Day Scoop of Amazing” challenge organised by Zespri and I agreed in a heartbeat because it involved eating two kiwi fruits a day for 2 weeks straight! I’ve been quite diligent about it so that I can experience the optimum results of this incredible fruit by consuming one in the morning and one at night.
Here’s a few great reasons to get into eating kiwi fruits!
- Excellent for those of you watching your waistline! It contains as much potassium as bananas but with half the calories!
- It’s great for women who are pregnant because it contains folate which helps in the development of genetic material in a foetus.
- It’s packed with antioxidants and a great source of Vitamin E. I’ve been noticing my skin seems clearer, less dull. And though I can’t notice this, it’s great for the health of your heart.
- It’s good for your eyes and with such a low GI index which doesn’t increase your blood sugar rapidly, it’s excellent for diabetics!
- It’s a natural immune booster with among the highest Vitamin C of all fruits. That’s why it’s usually called a super fruit!
I like the taste of kiwis which is fortunate because I might have forced myself to eat kiwis even if I didn’t like it. It’s just that good for you. Did you know that having a fresh kiwi fruit is like taking a natural supplement, but better because it’s consumed fresh and it has over 20 essential nutrients in it.If you like your fruits really sweet, try the yellow ones. You’ll be surprised how sweet Zespri Sungold is.
Well, if you don’t have the time to cut it up nicely, why not just blend it before you leave the house? It’s such a refreshing drink and it would be an awesome way to kick start your brain into gear at the beginning of your day!